Hi, I am sort of new to digital photography in that I have just become interested in personal photo editing. My

question: I have Paint Shop Pro Studio for editing and have had it for a couple of years. I am wondering if Paint Shop

Pro X2 is any better and is it an upgrade to Studio or would I need to uninstall Studio to install X2. I have searched

the interenet for an answer to this question and can't find my answer - is X2 better, the same or just different?

Thanks! Heather

I gave up the ghost with Paint Shop Pro and their disasterous version 10 release several years ago. Having become fairly fluent then in Photoshop I've never looked back. I started with PSP around version 3 and upgraded with every release. V. 10 killed it!

In any case, good luck Heather!

My experience is nearly the same as Ken's. But I've been following what Corel has been doing since version X, and nothing seems to have improved. Their strategy seems to be to release a new PSP every year, with bug fixes for the previous version and new bugs that will be fixed in the next version (look at the release notes for X2 if you don't believe me).

If you need more than the stripped-down editing in Studio, but don't want to spend $600 for Photoshop (and I wouldn't blame you), I suggest Photoshop Elements.