Out of state wedding pricing?

olivia_parvo

You should be able to figure out how far you are going. If you need to spend the night in a hotel or motel, plus your meals. Adding in how much 'auto' expense or airfare you will spend, the 'sum' should be clear how much to add.

For some people an out-of-state wedding can be closer than an in-state wedding. What state you work in should have little impact on your charges except for income tax consequences and your travel costs or if you need to fly and/or rent a car and find a good hotel. This seems like good, common sense.

I basically determine that if a wedding is more than an hour's drive away, I will charge

30?/mi for gas. If it's more than 3 hours, I will charge for gas & hotel. Some people have

a set travel fee of X ($500-$800) which includes flight, hotel, and car rental.

• 6 months later...
For weddings that I travel I offer cheaper travel expenses the more expensive the package. For instance I had a couple that wanted to book me for a wedding in Hawaii. I told them the travel fee was $800 and the package price was $3000. If they did the more expensive package of $4500 there wouldn't be a travel fee and they would get more in their package. They were thrilled bought the larger package and I made more money in the long run, win win situation.