Original Leica MP prices

sandy.

There is no such thing as mint+. It is a fiction made up by people who don't understand camera condition grading. However, to answer your question, there are no mint original MPs. The only MPs that you will find in that condition have been refurbished by Leica or by private camera restorers, so a collector would not describe them as fully "orginal". An original MP in working condition is work at $ 25,000. The black paint versions are less common than the chrome and are worth more, especially if they have an original BP lens included.

If you ever see a near mint example of an fully ORIGINAL version MP, you can bet it has been restored (tampered with, to a collector) at some point, which reduces its value somewhat. The value I gave above is for a working condition complete original camera. They can be found in Exc (E- to E+) condition, not in mint. That is a nominal price, since it is a very rare item, you might end up having to pay more or sometimes can obtain for less, but $ 25,000 is the general ballpark, figure excellent condition not mint.

Thanks everyone.

Brad, yes I am in the San Mateo area. Still traveling as I shouldn't but for survival. Still miss the chance of meeting you in person as you are quite an in credible unique guy. I'm sure we'll be able to accomplish that eventually.

Dear doctor, heartfelt thanks for your insightful information. One was offered to me from Europe chrome and sans lens for 45,000 Euro, hence the question.

Thanks everyone again.