Olympus Stylus 1050 SW waterproof camera got water inside! Help!

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>My Olympus Stylus 1050 SW camera which is supposed to be water proof got water inside when I went to the beach. I took it for a swim for only a few minutes then noticed there was water inside the camera.<br>

I looked at the warranty card of the camera and it says that it doesn't cover damage due to liquid. .<br>

I mean come on, they don't have the warranty to back up their technology of a waterproof camera?</p>

<p>I tried emailing for service and technical support but I still haven't got a feedback from them.</p>

<p>Did anyone else experience this situation? Any one who had a first hand experience on what to do when this happens?<br>

I appreciate feed backs and insights on this matter.<br>

Thank you very much.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>In my experience 99% of failures like this can be attributed to dirty seals. (There's a joke in there but I will leave it alone.) I always make a point to remind my customers to inspect and clean the silicone gaskets before they go in the water. I wish the manufactures would put big orange stickers on the cameras telling people. It would avoid lots of grumpy customers. Obviously you would have clean the gaskets if you knew they were dirty or needed periodic inspection. No one like to go in the water with dirty seals. (Okay, I couldn't leave it alone.)</p>