Olympus OM2N at the car show

<p>Went to a car show today. It was a toss up between Nikon F3 and Olympus OM2N. Both these cameras needs no introduction. Both have aperture priority with excellent viewfinder. OM2N won mainly due to its compact size. On a sunny and breezy day with temperature around 60 it can easily fit into a sports jacket with a 50mm lens. Below are some shots with that wonderful Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 lens. Film used is Riteaid 200 processed at local Target.<br /><br />Appreciate your comments as always</p>

<p> </p><div>00aKdk-462143584.JPG.bac95d843c98f91dd5f4b32a4cf7fe84.JPG</div>

<p>Sadanand,</p>

<p>I love going to classic car shows. Your pictures look a lot like I like to take, with fins and interiors. </p>

<p>The Olympus OM-2N is high on my list. The only cameras ahead of it are classics I had in the past.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting these great shots.</p>

<p>Good. I like them all, but especially images 1 and 4. The car (in image 1), I'm guessing, is either a 1963 or 1964 Impala (or Bell Aire or Biscayne). From looking at the shift quadrant above the steering column (in image 4) that car has the famous Powerglide two speed automatic. It was the first low cost automatic that GM offered that had a torque converter. <br /> Of course, this is really about the camera and yours is a fine example. Yes, the 50mm f1.8 is som compact it makes the much pricier 40mm f2 seem almost unneccesary. Another compact lens to consider is the Zuiko 35mm f2.8. It also makes a neat jack pocketful with an OM-1 or Om-2. Thanks for posting.</p>

<p>Nice camera, fine lens and some great angles. Very vivid colour, quite poster-ish, really suits the subject, has a kind of Andy Wahol look to it. Talking of Shirley, <strong>JDM</strong>, when I first set up a Kodak fast film lab we were supplied with specimen negatives of a pretty girl with a bouffant hairstyle, to help set up the printers by matching our prints with control prints from the negative, supplied by Kodak. The girl was reputed to be named Shirley, and for years these tests were known in the trade as "Shirley Negs."</p>

<p>Fine post, <strong>Sadanand</strong>; many thanks.</p>

<p>Very nice photos. I still don't have an OM body in the 1-4 series. My OM bodies include three OM-10s, an OM PC and an OM2000. These are low status bodies but when they are working and have the nice Zuiko lenses on them it is still possible to get good results. </p>

<p>Thank you Marc Bergman, Mike Gammill,JDM von Weinberg,Les Sarile,Rick Drawbridge,Jeff Adler for viewing and commenting.<br>

Mike Gammill: You are right about the car. What I missed in the show was a Cadillac Fleetwood. I very much wanted to capture that front grill, head-lights,fin and that emblem too. Coming to the lens I am happy with the Zuiko 50mm f/1.8. The only problem is the side is dented as you can see in the picture and it cannot take a filter. Otherwise polarizer could have helped to avoid the reflection. I used my sunglasses instead. I think I need to pickup another lens with proper threads.<br>

JDM: That was the color... not sure if original or not.<br>

Jeff Adler: These cameras are very addictive. If you ever happen to look through the viewfinder of a OM1 or OM2 you will not let them go :)<br>

Again, all your comments much appreciated.<br>

</p>