Olympus OM-D E-M5 questions

Hi everyone, I'm considering buying OM-D E-M5, but I've got couple questions I couldn't find answers to. So I would like to ask you for a couple minutes of your time to help me.

The first question is about the 5 axis image stabilisation. Let's say I use 28mm manual focus lens with an adaptor. I stop it down to get a longer exposure, push it to lets say 1/10 or even a full second to get some movement in the background (this example may be pushed a bit too far, but you get the point, getting lower than 1/50th to get some crowd movement is one of the things Im going for). Will I be able to shoot it HANDHELD? Because I've got a friend that said he shot with 300mm handheld at 1/10..something I find impossible.

And the other question is whether the camera is manual focus friendly. Is there some kind of focus peaking or zooming in to get the focus?

That's it for now :) I would really appreciate if someone would take the effort to help me with these questions :) Thank you very much for your time

The OMD EM5 mark 1 - yes, you can handhold at silly speeds; with a 28mm lens you might get some sharp pictures at 0.25-0.5 seconds handheld. I always take several at those speeds, as the IS increases the probability of, but does not guarantee, sharp shots. Focusing manual lenses - it's easy to set one of the customisable buttons to magnify part of the image, and so to use that to focus; the mark 1 does not have focus peaking. I have no idea about the EM5 mark 2.