November 18th POTW

Sanford

<p>Sanford, this is Wales. The last photo has a bridge in ti across the estuary (not visible at this resolution but you can see the supports on the RAW file) and our 6 hours took us from road back to road, and a maximum of say 2 hours walk from road at any point. In my mountain running days I reckoned there was no point in Wales more than 1 hour from a road. Now Scotland is a bit bigger....</p>

<p>Great shots this week, I must say! Very inspiring. Particularly like John Farrar's landscapes.</p>

<p>I'm going to Jerusalem this coming weekend for a "Holy Land" tour and am hoping to get some great shots with what seem to be Mr. Farrar's favourite lenses; the 9-18mm and 20mm. Recently I got a Canon 5DII and am loving it much more than my old Nikon D700, but it still has some chunk to it which will cause it to get left behind on occasion. Still undecided whether I will take it on my weekend trip or not. John's pictures and the memories of my own shots with the little Olympus make me sway towards the lighter option...</p>

<p>E-P2 w/ 40-150mm<br>

Good friends on the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt.<br>

<a title="Sue & Steven by Patrick E Porter, on Flickr" href=" Sue & Steven src="http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6230/6333951983_96b090d1da_z.jpg" alt="Sue & Steven" width="640" height="480" /></a></p>

<p>Anthea - nice reptile! Does your regular posting mean your PhD is under control - hoipe so!<br>

Patrick - thanks, indeed those 2 lenses are small and pretty good; my 9-18 is maybe a bit decentred, but impressive for the size. They're both pretty flare-resistant too, which helps with landscapes when the sun condescends to shine.<br>

The quality of images on this thread is getting consistently higher</p>

<p>John - I'm currently writting up my findings chapter, probably the hardest one to do as it's the most important. Photograghy keeps me sane! So that's my excuse for the outings now....<br>

I love the POV and lighting of your second shot, quite beautiful.</p>