Not really a lens...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by david_gardner|6, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I'm looking for a shoe-mounted viewfinder in the 100 degree range. Any suggestions?

2. 100 degrees diagonally corresponds to 18mm focal length on FX. Leica offers a Universal Wide Finder (12011). Naturally, it costs a fortune but provides coverage from 16mm to 28mm. Voigtlander offers a reasonably priced one for 15mm and there's a multiangle one as well. Here's an overview of what's available to get you started: Leica View Finders and https://cameraquest.com/voigtacc.htm

3. Dieter, thanks for the information. 100 degrees laterally, not diagonally, although with the aspect ratio I'm dealing with (2.83:1) I doubt there will be much difference.

You're right about Leica price. Bless anyone who can afford them, but I don't fall into that category.

4. See if you can find a Brooks finder for a Veriwide camera made by Mamiya...cheaper than Leica.

5. I'm too lazy to do math right now, if the Voigtländer 15mm is too narrow for you, would their 12mm do? Both would require some masking.