Nikons at Superbowl

tjwister

It seemed there were more Nikons visible at the Superbowl this year. If you

look at the ESPN website there is a photo taken showing mainly Nikons. Has the

D3 started to gain some ground at sporting events? I will say that there will

still a ton of the big white lenses visible on the sidelines.

Yeah, I saw one play that went out of bounds near the endzone, with the loose ball sailing into the crowd of kneeling photographers. Lotsa white lens barrels to be seen, there. I was struck, once again, about how risky it is to shoot from those positions. There's a lot of kinetic energy being released (and transferred!) near the sidelines of an NFL game.

Why should you care. At that level, a good photog should be able to use either canon or nikon equally well.

People had me their $150 point and shoot cameras on occasion. I can take better pics than they can with these pop guns than they do.

Let me out there with a rebel or d70 and I think I could do a good job.

Mind you, give me a D3 and I would be in heaven.

Errol

>Well, just think, if you had a choice to shoot with a D3/400VR combo or a 1Ds Mk111/400IS, which would you choose? I'd go Nikon.

That's a brain-free decision!

Do you mean a 1DMk3 instead? But, that's also a brain-free decision. The 1DMk3 is still broken. :)

Nah, those big white lenses are Holga snap-on teleconverters. The bodies aren't Canon bodies, just molded Kevlar covers to protect the

Holga inside. Like those hard plastic violin cases virtuosi use to carry around their Stradivarious violins. Canon is just Japanese for Holga.