Nikon Wednesday 2019: #3

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

A good third Nikon Wednesday of the year to all! In keeping with the long if sometimes unseemly tradition of using your gear to make photos of your other gear ... well, I did that. Here's a shot of a new tool in my collection. It's an eight-channel digital field recorder, used to let me record (for example) the output of an on-camera mic, a shotgun on a fishpole, a stereo ambient mic, and a couple of wireless lapel mics all with their own ideal gain limiters, phantom power as needed, and synced up nicely via time code. And more. Automatic scene/take naming, redundant recording internally and both digital and analog outputs off to other devices, remote control over bluetooth from a tablet/pad ... it's amazing. This would have been pure science fiction not many years ago. All of our tools - still, video, audio, are evolving so quickly. This should take care of my field audio needs for a while! Now, share some snow picture so I can get my mind back on photography :-)zoom_f8n.jpg.b515f34249eecb635ce992c3f7d06019.jpg

• Like 3

I've been playing with my new ES-1 Slide Copier on the D810. It is optimized for use with either the AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm (+ various accessories), or with the older, Micro-Nikkor 55mm/2.8 Ai with PK-13 extension tube (giving a 1:1 projection on the sensor). I already own the 55, so that's what I'm using here. My project is to digitize 30+ years' worth of slides. Here's an example, taken in 1990, of Riverside Geyser in Yellowstone. This was captured on Ektachrome 200 using a Nikkormat EL with Nikkor 43-86mm/3.5 push-pull zoom. This was digitized on the D810 at 1/6s, f/8, ISO 64, with custom white balance. Light source is an old photo-flood with a daylight (5000K) LED bulb. I'm using a remote shutter release and processing the images in LR-5. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

492787222_RiversideGeyser-c1990-sml.thumb.jpg.5fbfd08215f78d68947e7cef2cedfcf0.jpg

• Like 5