Nikon Wednesday 2019: #20

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Well, spring seems as good time as any for hell to freeze over: I've picked up a Nikon mirrorless body. Have a project coming up this weekend, and another body with flexible still and video capabilities was called for. So not only did I go mirrorless for that choice, I'm actually reading the manual. Two impossible things in one week! Of course, I'm busy prepping to go make images, so didn't have time to make any serious ones ... just a stroll out the back door to see what the local plants are doing with all the rain we've been getting. So! Share some photos. Perhaps this Nikon Wednesday can be about things that were bound to happen, and finally did. The shots below were quickies with the Z6 and its native-mount 24-70/4.5 (which is surprisingly capable!)

z6_manual_ftz.thumb.jpg.ef5e50310239af5210ea5367b38c9fcf.jpg

garden_01.thumb.jpg.88f06592db56cd5539e09fe3bdbf9a0f.jpg

garden_02b.thumb.jpg.9040ad27cf13eb1b9529b6182cebbe2d.jpg

• Like 5

Haven't had a chance to process many of last week's bird pix, so here's an older, double-dose of Nikon for this Wednesday: Originally shot with Nikkormat EL+Nikkor 43-86mm/3.5 on Ektachrome 200, circa 1990, more recently converted to digital using a D810+PK13+Micro-Nikkor 55mm/2.8+ES1. Light source is color corrected LED in an old photo flood fixture.

NikWed-190515.jpg.62b7a21edcb5e9234a9fe4722d7f2005.jpg

• Like 5

Well, spring seems as good time as any for hell to freeze over: I've picked up a Nikon mirrorless body. Have a project coming up this weekend, and another body with flexible still and video capabilities was called for. So not only did I go mirrorless for that choice, I'm actually reading the manual. Two impossible things in one week! Of course, I'm busy prepping to go make images, so didn't have time to make any serious ones ... just a stroll out the back door to see what the local plants are doing with all the rain we've been getting. So! Share some photos. Perhaps this Nikon Wednesday can be about things that were bound to happen, and finally did. The shots below were quickies with the Z6 and its native-mount 24-70/4.5 (which is surprisingly capable!)

Matt, congratulations on the new Z6. It is a better deal with the $200 discount. I picked mine up as soon as the Z6 was available last November. It is a great little camera, especially for capturing 4K video.