Nikon Wednesday 2019: #2

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

I know all you cool kids are now shooting video with your Z6's ... but when I'm doing that sort of work, I'm still mostly using a fuller-sized cinema style body. It works fine in that more formal capacity where an external monitor, batteries that last for hours, and the like are called for. Here's the rig I was using this past weekend at a new client's shop. BUT: when I went to put a DSLR on a gimbal for some wandering shots, I'll admit that my D810 felt a little chunky. One of the new mirrorless bodies would be great for that. Tic toc! So, let's see some photos, everyone. sotar_visit.thumb.jpg.2caa24944c62bc66db0b9eb0b5bb4189.jpg

Shot with the D810 and a 35/1.4 from SIgma, in really funky fluorescent lighting.

• Like 5

Sanhill craine with a running take off

[ATTACH=full]1278536[/ATTACH]

How much have you cropped, is the entire reflection in the unedited frame? It is a very nice photo as it is and I do know it is difficult to frame action shots, but I think that the reflection would make it even better.

• Like 1