Nikon Wednesday 2016: #44

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hello Nikon folks, and welcome to a fresh new world! No, the elections aren't until next week. But THIS week we have the ability to post images that can be 1000 pixels on the long side, instead of only 700. Those 300 more pixels really make a difference, so I'm looking forward to a prettier Nikon Wednesday from here on out. This week, it's an exercise in non-HDR-process in dynamic range. Always a challenge when I shoot these commercial vehicles to get the interior's more cave-like conditions to work well in a daylight setting - especially when the shot precludes lighting gear in-frame. It all comes down to waiting for the right time of day (which is usually when you're just about too tired to do any more work!). Enjoy our new pixel real estate, and share some photos!</p><div>00eDE1-566196184.thumb.jpg.b19467ceca48e1b59d41c3db0326b4d3.jpg</div>

<p>Very nice everyone, as usual.<br>

Dynamic range, Matt? I'd got to Lower Antelope (late, but not as late as they were digging out the sand after the rainstorm the night before), so here's my sequence of how to ignore the advice not to include the sky in the shot. As ever, I wish I could include more, but I need to learn how to edit...</p><div>00eDGB-566201584.thumb.jpg.1d4754a086fc39514af5eb4b7e9cf6df.jpg</div>

<p>I continue my historical romp around the world with my Nikkormat FTn and a PC Nikkor 35mm, a Nikkor-S 55mm f/1.2, and other kit.<br>

Here from early in the year in Kenya at the Treetops Lodge seeing the sunrise on Mount Kenya. </p><div>00eDGO-566202084.jpg.9fd34d804bf5789090c2b51eb5ab3a48.jpg</div>

<p>I finally did get my visa for Nigeria from the Nigerian High Commission in Nairobi - at the time the only place a US or British citizen could do so. (After effects from the Nigerian Civil War)<br>

I was doing archaeological and anthropological work in Nupe country, around Bida, Nigeria.<br>

While I was at it, I also observed pottery making of a sort that goes back millennia in Nigeria.</p><div>00eDGU-566202284.jpg.3dc9efb797689a712f95bc834cda5ccc.jpg</div>