Nikon Southern California Moving Again

ShunCheung

<p>Back in 2005, I sent an SB-800 flash to Nikon in Los Angeles to repair, and it happened to arrive during the week they were moving: <a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00CuyP">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00CuyP</a></p>

<p>According to some posts to DPReview forums, it looks like they are moving again: <a href="http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3286914">http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3286914</a><br>

There is no reason for me to believe that the information posted there is inaccurate. However, I have not been able to confirm the move with Nikon yet. If anybody finds any info on an official web page, please let us know.</p>

<p>According to the image posted to DPReview forums, they are moving on Monday, November 5, 2012 and the new address is</p>

<blockquote>

<p>6240 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100<br>

Los Angeles, CA 90048</p>

</blockquote>

<p>In the past I was able to call El Segundo on the phone with questions. I recently sent my old D2X to them for a repair and was not allowed to speak to anyone there. I sent a note with questions for them and they did not answer it. This surprises me bcause I have always had good luck with them. Maybe this has something to do with the move.</p>

<p>Anyway. Another website has a picture of a sign at the El Segundo facility that says they are moving effective November 5th to 6420 Wilshire Blvd Suite 100. There are actually a couple of other references to this on the net.</p>

<p>Nikon seems to be hiding these days. Perhaps we customers are getting a bit pesky.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p >Can't blame anyone for moving out of El Stinko. The Chevron refinery there can be rather odorific & tends to blow up regularly. Who needs terrorists when you have Chevron?<br>

The 6 thousands on Wilshire is a rather high rent district, which leads me to speculate that Nikon isn't going to give as much space to repair & other technical activities, or that they are making so much $ these days due to adopting the no repair parts sales to independent repair facilities.<br>

The result of this, that the only way one has of being sure a piece of of Nikon equipment is US, not Gray and can be repaired is to buy it new.<br>

JD</p>

<p>The old El Segundo location was not that convenient; however, it is very close to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) so that I had stopped by a few times before boarding a flight.</p>

<p>The new location is much closer to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. It is also not that far from UCLA.</p>