Nikon N90s bulb mode question

chris_burgess3

<p>Hello,<br>

I just took a timed exposure in bulb mode on my Nikon N90s and I heard the shutter open when I depressed the trigger remote, and heard the shutter close when I released the remote, but I don't think I heard the film advance after the shutter closed. I know, all I'd have to do is change the exposure mode and press the shutter release with the lens covered and the film would probably advance to the next frame, no problem, but has anyone heard of this happening? I had it CLA'd by Midwest Camera Repair around 1 1/2 years ago, it's been working perfectly, I love the camera. <br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I just pulled out my N90s to see what bulb sounds like (I've never used it). The sounds of the shutter closing and film advance were hard to separate so I'd say things are fine. Did the frame number advance?</p>

<p>If you have an MF-26 back I'd wonder if Multiple Exposure was selected, but that's unlikely. My N90s has an MF-26 but I don't even keep batteries in it. I have no desire for date imprint on my film and all the other functions are too complicated without having the manual handy.</p>

<p>Rodeo, I thought about the possibility of the batteries being used up at the very end of the exposure last night, that could have been it. I do have an MF-25 data back on it, I've heard that an MF-26 can drain timed exposures, so it could have been a cause too. I like the camera, but this model does tend to kill batteries; You need to have at least two sets of rechargeables with one set charged and ready at all times.<br /> Thanks</p>