Nikon D700 Firware Update available

andy_chubb

<p>Call me paranoid, but... could someone please check they've not broken trap focus before I do an update (or get my camera cleaned and need to tell Nikon to leave it alone)? They don't consider the change to be a bug as it stands (publicly), so I'm not sure they'd admit it in the notes if the D700 behaviour was swapped to that of the D800 and company. I see no functional reason why the cameras should be different, other than that presumably the autofocus handling code was written around the new selector button, so I'm nervous about them back-porting it.<br />

<br />

Not that I've got around to the latest D800 firmware yet. Busy busy.</p>

<p>on't know wether its just for the 800mm , often there is more in those updates than Nikon mentions at the website.. There might also be improvements for other recent lenses in those updates ?<br>

Anyways , i got a mail from Nikon for my registered ucamera's telling me that there are several fixes in the updates for the D300 & D300S, so maybe some other stuff is also "improved" ?<br>

Still anxious to know wether it would make me loose the"focus Trap" by "improving"the Focus priority function ..... Probably will try the D300 update first and test it before also doing the D300S ..</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Don't know wether its just for the 800mm , often there is more in those updates than Nikon mentions at the website.. There might also be improvements for other recent lenses in those updates ?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I agree on that. Also View and Capture NX2 has gotten faster even they have not advertised that either.<br>

I updated d700 to A1.04/B1.03. The mouse trap is still there.<br>

Maybe I am just imagining, but the 80-200 af-d seemed to focus smoother. Tested the trap focus with that lens. To have both A and B firmware sections updated just to support one lens seems overkill or bad design.</p>