new website

tonmestrom

<p>From my WinXP, Firefox, 21" crt and full screen window.</p>

<p>- On the home page, the spacing between paragraphs are uneven. The spacing between the last two paragraphs are wider than the rest.</p>

<p>- My following comments for another gallery here also applies to yours as well.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There is no image count for a gallery or portfolio, before and after entering one. Once in a gallery or portfolio, there are no thumbnails, and no way to skip forward or backward. Designing a gallery this way is like handing someone a book and expecting him to read from cover to cover sequentially, without knowing how many pages and unable to flip forward or backward. Yes, my ego wants everyone to view every image in my gallery sequentially. But that's not typically how a gallery visitor behaves.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I will also add that:</p>

<p>- There is no (obvious) caption or identifier for an image in a gallery. How can a viewer reference one?</p>

<p>- There is too much unused space between the navigation menu and an image in a gallery.</p>

<p>- After the last image is displayed, the image disappeared and its area goes black.</p>

<p>Lastly,</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Testing a site is an important and integral step before paying and launching. Yet it is often overlooked and seldom done extensively across different platforms, browsers, window sizes, etc.<br>

The tools/sites referenced here can be of great help:<br /> <br /> <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41252" target="_blank">http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41252</a></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Nice work.<br>

Text is read in a different manner on web pages.<br>

People scan text rather then read it.<br>

For this reason lines on web pages should actually contain 15 words max.<br>

Longer lines tend to throw people off and make them click to the next site. No matter how stunning the design.<br>

I saw you are Dutch too, you might enjoy checking these comment on web copy:<br>

http://www.contextdesign.nl/webcopy.html</p>

<p>Thanks Robert. You're the first one to comment on this so I'll look into it.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Keep in mind, your website does not work on mobile phones since it is using flash to display your portfolio.<br>

It won't work on Apple iPhones or iPads. It's fine on both Android and Windows phones and tablets.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>actually it does. It is mobile ready and I had several people test this. All of them told me it worked perfectly for them.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I would also recommend making your "logo" "company name" in a different font so that it stands out.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Good idea</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Text is read in a different manner on web pages.<br /> People scan text rather then read it.<br /> For this reason lines on web pages should actually contain 15 words max.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks Michiel. Yes, it's something I have considered but having thrown the idea around a bit and having the text screened by a few people before I published the site has led me to do this. Bear in mind that this is not a commercial site, rather a site meant for peers.<br>

Bedankt.</p>

<p>Cool site! I like the minimalism. Will have to agree with the logo suggestion, something that stands out a bit more is needed. Another thing, the images could be larger and borders could be made thinner to give images more supremacy. And one last thing, maybe it's just me, but I find too much space below the navigation bar. This pushes the images down so I have to scroll just a bit that I'm mildly annoyed. Just my opinion. Hope these contribute to a better site and viewing experience.</p>

• 1 month later...