Magnum Photos in New York.<br>

Now I am back in New York and at Magnum and started a new site called

"Journal Of A Photographer".<br><br>

<a href="http://www.journalofaphotographer.com"

target="_blank">http://www.journalofaphotographer.com</a><br><br>

I'd be interested to hear your opinions!<br><br>

Thanks a lot,<br>

Martin

Martin,very intersting site. I was enjoying your series on Magnum. People look like they're having fun. What's the work enviornment like? Is it high pressure/deadline madness. Do people work crazy hours? I was just curious. Look's to be a very intersting place.

I visitted your nyphotoblogger site also and will continue to visit via the new site. Nicely put together.

Just tried your method of color to B&W conversion in PS...bit long...but the results are pretty impressive. I "get" what you are doing to the image thru each step........until you get to that "high pass filter". What exactly is the intent of that "visually" for the pic? I almost get the impression it's replicating film developing changes, but digitally. Is that about right?

Thank's sooo much for all your answers. I am really glad you seem to like what I put much effort in. It's just the start, let's see where it might lead us! :-)

To answer a couple of questions:

Nels, the next interview which will be published shortly will be the long promised interview with Joachim Ladefoged from VII. I am working on more photographers but bare with me until these interviews are set.

As far as your second questions on the income of Magnum Photographers goes. I can not tell you any numbers but there are huge differences. Obviously when you are one of the older Magnum photographers, with a lot of iconic images in the archive you'll earn bettern than one of the younger Magnum photographers... But please understand that I can't and don't want to discuss this in a public forum.

And Thomas, the highpass filter... Well I am just adding some contrast to the corners of the images basically. Couldn't give you a technically mature answer on that since I just found this Filter somehow, somewhen (can't remember when or where that was) and played around with it.

So thank's a lot again to everybody!

Martin