New to the site...

mkwarr

<p>I joined the site yesterday and am glad I did. I am an amateur photographer who recently picked up a used DSLR (D70s). I have two lenses, an AF 70-210mm 1:4-5.6 and an AF-S18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G VR. So far I have only shot baseball and my middle son's birthday party with the camera.<br>

Before I bought the camera I did not know the difference between aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and various other camera settings/definitions. Since I bought the camera I have been a sponge and am still soaking up a lot of information. <br>

While this is a hobby for me, I do want to take it to a serious hobby where I possibly use it as a source of extra income. Currently, I only have a Flickr site and that can be found <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/warrington_photos/">here</a>. I typically upload my photos at much lower quality than I take the photos. I usually shoot the photos in RAW or FINE quality so that way if any of my friends or player's parents want photos I can convert or give them a higher quality shot.<br>

I am going to be attempting some firework shots on the 4th. I have read some guides/tutorials/tips on shooting fireworks so I think I should have some success. The only thing I have read that I will not have is the remote to take the pictures without touching the camera. We will see how it goes. <br>

Anyhow, thanks for having such a great site/community. I hope to learn a lot while I am here.<br>

--Mark</p>

<p>Welcome to PN Mark!<br>

Many talented and knowledgeable people here.<br>

Hope you find it as educational, entertaining and enjoyable as I have for a few years now.<br>

As someone said . . . "It's a wonderful journey!"</p>

<p>Best Wishes,</p>

<p>Thanks for the welcome, Jim. I can easily see that there are many members who are very talented and knowledgeable. I hope to learn a lot and contribute whatever I can to the community.</p>