New to meduim format

<p>Hello from Baytown Texas. Have been using 35mm since 1968, bought my first TLR about a week ago. Not a total film user, about 70% film and 30% digital. My favorite subjects are sunsets and landscapes, I do like sunrises, just do not like to get up that early. Had to retire in 07 but my passion for phtography has been jumped started. I do a lot more reading than posting, I am more a student than teacher. Found site will looking for information to my new to me Ricoh Diacord.</p>

<p>Hello David,<br>

Welcome to the world of big negatives! I was astounded by the quality of my 6x6 from a battered old Zeiss folder than had a supposedly foggy lens! The roll of Astia and the 12 frames had more colour, panache and sheer magic than what I had hitherto captured with the wonderful Zuiko lenses on my Olympus 35mm OM4. So I had to invest in a better 120 folder and since then have almost exclusively shot meterless and guess-focused everything I wanted to capture.<br>

The problem is always the next part, processing and producing the images to bring out the quality. I have found my scanning equipment to be not up to par although the lack of funds have made me work harder in trying to improve my scanning technique!<br>

I look forward to seeing your work soon.</p>