**New "Report Spam" feature now live...mostly

As you can see, we have a new feature on the forums. It's a post reporting

system to let admins/moderators know when a post needs attention. It will work

much like the same feature on Craigslist. So if a specified number of users

report a post, it may disappear until an admin/moderator has a chance to look at

it. This will likely be different for various areas of the site and different

reasons for reporting.

The look and functionality of the report feature will likely change some in the

next day or two as we work on it. first change will be a confirm page to avoid

accidental clicks.

It is not likely to say "report spam" in the gallery type areas. Simply because we do not get that much spam there. One example of what this feature is meant to do in the gallery or critique forum, is to give users a chance to alert me when someone has mistakenly placed a nude image in a non-nude category, causing it to show up in the "non-nude" view.

Josh,

Whilst we're on the subject of site improvements, would it be possible to make a tiny wee change to the code so that when posting we can have a choice of "Post (as per usual)" and "Post and let me know via eMail when someone else posts to this same thread"?

I apprediate that we "kind of" have that equivalent functionality now, but it means going back into the thread once you've already posted to be able to click it - and that can be a VERY slow process when the site is overloaded.

Alternatively, give us a "subscribe to this thread" button on the post "success" page?

Cheers,

Colin

Colin, not bad ideas. But at the moment, I am not going to spend time repeating something that we already have a workable solution for. There are far too many features that don't exist that I need the programmers to use their time on.

Feel free to bring it up again in the future though.

Josh,

I was "hoping" that since the actual mechanism already existed, it might be a simple job to add an additional control for it. I like to try and help in as many threads as I can, but it's quite difficult to remember which ones I've participated in, and which ones I haven't - the result is I end up checking a lot of threads that I don't need to - no doubt adding to the bandwidth/server capacity problems the site seems to be suffering - just thought that my suggestion would make it more efficient all-round.

Plan "B" - perhaps at some point in time the system could send participants an eMail summary of threads that they've participated in (with links)?

Cheers,

Colin

• 3 months later...