New photo blog critique request

waveguide

<p>I have just started my first-ever photo blog and would appreciate some comments from my fellow photographers at PN. The blog is intended for NON-photographers. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions, and would like to know if you have any problems, especially on the mobile version. So, please visit my new photo blog at <a href="http://jimsteane.zenfolio.com/blog">jimsteane.zenfolio.com/blog</a></p>

<p>Hi Jim, believe it or not, I actually went and saw your blog! I like the idea of a weed patch: some of the most interesting things are happening there, like fire-ants building their nests in my mango tree :). This gives me ideas for a fresh start to my photography apart from snapping my (orange) cat with different lenses! I haven't checked out your photo.net gallery, but am looking forward to it!</p>

<p>Thank you, Dilip Kumar. I had not thought about the possible consequences of leaving weeds (and ants) around a garden in some conditions- that's a good point. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my new site!</p>

<p>The set up and look are nice, but I'm wondering if there's a point of view of the blog, other than posting pictures and expanding a bit about them. I see in the About section that you teach related college courses. Why not give the blog a focus in that direction? You seem nature orient and weeds are in keeping with that, but how about a little overall statement about what we might expect to see and gain from your blog?</p>

<p>David- thank you very much for looking at the new blog and your thoughtful comments. You are right- the blog need some focus and purpose, and a point of view. I will keep that in mind as I create my next post, about photographing animals. While the blog is less technical than PN, I will talk about tips and tricks when taking Fluffy's or Fido's pictures. I can talk about lighting and backgrounds without going into f-stops and all that. I see from your comments that I need to state that out front and stay with it throughout the post. I think many more pictures and even a drawing or two will be useful too.<br>

Thanks again, David. I appreciate the time and effort you took to look at the blog and your comments and response.</p>

• 2 weeks later...