New NEC Spectraview 30 inch 'V' 26 inch Spectraview

Hi, after months of following threads about quality monitors, I am about to spring for the NEC

Spectraview 26 inch model. However I have just noticed that NEC have just released a new 30

inch model which seems to have superior specs with regard to wide gamut reproduction etc. I'm not

particularly interested in the extra size of the newer monitor as 26 inches seems enough for me,

but does anybody know if the larger newer model is significantly better in terms of color

reproduction etc. I will use the monitor for photo color correction and light video production work.

Thanks,

Gerard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

For those owning an adobe gamut NEC display (2690 or similar) are you able to do web work in the sRGB mode?

My NEC 3090 is arriving tomorrow (finally!) and I will mainly be using it for it's intended purpose of post-processing in the full Adobe RGB gamut. However, when posting to the web or doing web work (IE, Firefox v2, etc.) I want to know that I can view the colors as everyone else will, sRGB.

1- How easy is it to go back and forth between sRGB and Adobe RGB modes?

2- How does the sRGB mode compare to other monitors (Apple Cinema, Dell , etc)

3- Any other tips?

------

On a related note, I would love to hear any advice from owners on calibration, 2.2 vs. 1.8, etc.

Thanks!

I have now, both the 26" and the newer 30"

The web is NO issue for me, but I'm using a color managed browser (Safari).

Can you view the images as everyone else? Yes and no. IF you embed the sRGB profile in

an sRGB document AND they calibrate and profile their displays AND they also use Safari

or FireFox (and you don't do any of the above in Flash which isn't color managed), then

yes. Otherwise, nope.

Calibrate to TRC gamma 2.2 in the software.

Oh, when you get the unit, go into the OSD and turn on ColorComp which is off by default

(its called Uniformity on the 3090 under the Tools icon).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)