New guy who hopefully can help

Stumbled on PN a while ago. Loved the forum, learned a lot. Hung

around and looked at the great and not so great photos (pics).

Decided to send in my money to support what I think was a bargain.

Posted a few photos (happy experience) but unfortunately never got

into the swing of rating other. I was trying to figure out how you

rate thousand of fotos ??? Tried to learn and come across this

thread: photo.net Site Feedback Forum.

Wow what a turnoff. If anyone really wants to improve things, do

something about this thread. It ranges from rants to ... (you add

your word here). Best to all. No response necessary here as you can

consider this my rant. Period. I'm off to checking the forums and

looking at the pics. :-)

Some make it an "ass et", some "lie ability", but all in all, its a great way for Brian to show he does care what others have to say!

Of all the posts here in this forum "rant or rave" the one thing that you can take to heart is, all who posts here, cares for the well being of this site, if they did'nt, they would'nt be posting here!

Ken.

I guess it's a matter of how you look at things. I see this forum as Photo.Net in its best light. To me it says that PN isn't hiding behind anything. If you've got a gripe then speak up, just as you've done here John. It doesn't mean immediate action will be taken but at least there's a place to voice your opinion and see if others agree. And really it's this simple: If you don't like the forum, don't read it.

Many questions get answered in this forum. There are lots of users willing to answer questions from others looking for help.

I say a hearty "Cheers" to PN for keeping this forum open.

Laurie said: "With the exception of this thread, the last 10 posts to this forum have been questions about site features, friendly suggestions, notification of a technical glitch, or acknowledgment of a site upgrade."

Yes, and that's a positive, but since you read this thread you know exactly what I was refering to...not the Help questions.

Jamie said: "I guess it's a matter of how you look at things...it says that PN isn't hiding behind anything. If you've got a gripe then speak up, just as you've done here John...Many questions get answered in this forum. There are lots of users willing to answer questions from others looking for help...I say a hearty "Cheers" to PN for keeping this forum open."

Agree...I never said close it, I said something like "improve" things. :-)

John, you're right you never said close it. I was responding more to Bob's comment. With all due respect to Bob, who along with Brian has to deal with all the issues raised, I would hate to see this forum closed or made read only as Bob has suggested when this topic has come up in the past.