Need Pointers - Classes/Resources and Dallas area - avail as Assistant

minal_patel1

My name is Minal and I am new to the Dallas area. I am interested in photography, but I have no experience in that

field. I come from a advertising/marketing background. I need some pointers on how I can get more experience and

build a portfolio.

I want to take classes, but I work full time and late during the week. Are there any weekend seminars?

Does anyone in the Dallas area need a assistant. I am interested in wedding photography.

Thank you

Minal

There are lots of ways to get some education there are great lessons in the learning section on here and also a lot of camera shops offer classes that usually meet in the evenings so that would get you started but most of all like everything else practice as much as possible

Amber

The Richland College of the Dallas County Community College District offers a photography program. Not sure if the other DCCC campuses do. There may also be non-degree continuing education programs. Around 1981, after a long hiatus from the darkroom, I took a continuing education course in b&w darkroom at Tarrant County Junior College (now TCCC), which helped get me started again.