NEC P221W - Strange calibration result

<p>I'm very pleased with this monitor but I would like to know your opinion about the calibration results I've got (look at the attached images below). I use Nec's SV II software with Spider 3 colorimeter: I use "Monitor Default" as Contrast ratio target and every time I got the unbelieveble value of 3092:1! For what I knoe my NEC display has a contrast ratio of 1000:1... How this is possible? Am I missing something?<br />Thank you if you can give me an explanation of this issue.<br />Alberto.</p><div>00X6ya-270969684.jpg.2615b7d2950178b95c6240d3a9500724.jpg</div>

<p>Well, technically, 108.2/0.035 is about 3092. But I'm suspecting the black level is wrong. It's very low. In my experience, the Spyder3 devices tend to be inaccurate in reporting the black point. The profiles produced are fine, but the reporting is off. For example, on the same monitor, my Spyder3 measures the black point at 0.43cd/m2, while my X-Rite DTP-94 measure 0.20cd/m2.</p>

<p>Does this profile have any other obvious problems like banding or loss of shadow detail? Maybe on the next calibration, specify a black target that you know the monitor can produce, like 0.25cd/m2.</p>

<p>I just got the NEC P221W monitor today and I'd like to know what y'all think are good settings to start with -- I know I'll want to tweak them as I compare the image on the monitor with prints coming out of my Epson 3880, but I'd like to have a good idea a starting point for what SpectraView calls Intensity and Contrast Ratio.<br>

(Of course I've got the standard D65 color temp and 2.2 gamma.)<br>

I've got a decent looking monitor by setting it at Intensity = 175 cd/m2 and Contrast Ratio at 300:1 (Black Level .58 cd/m2).<br>

Any suggestions?<br>

Thanks.<br>

-=-Joe</p>