National Public Radio commentary on photographs and memories

Of concern to all of us are pseudo-shows on Fox news and on right-wing radio that state that NPR and Public Television should be done away with. (They're honest and incredibly informative, which of course means Liberal) (Cynically)right wing media, would "fill the gap" left behind...(Maybe with shows about how Senator McCarthy was misunderstood) The ultimate threat to free expression and free speech and quality programming of this type which cannot be found anywhere else is seriously real. Thanks for posting it beepy.

You are absolutely correct. I digressed. But I wished to make a point. The quality of programming and the topic put forth above are extremely interesting and actually educational to listen to. There is a treasure trove of information available of real value. NPR is part of the treasure trove. But it is under attack. In some southeastern areas, manipulation by right wing religious groups have actually forced NPR and Public Television stations off the air. So, let's get back on the subject. Perhaps I digressed, but at least I responded to the posting. I recommend you do the same.

• 2 weeks later...