My presentations have been deleted

seven

There was database maintenance last night that was supposed to have deleted presentations that had no photos in them. Was there a bug or did you have presentations with no photos that were nevertheless important to keep? I don't think the code was written with the idea that an empty presentation was of any value to its owner.

Brian

I alerted Seven to this problem as I noted most of the Picture This presentation folders have been deleted. I emailed PN about this several hrs ago but as yet no response.

Picture This uses presentation folders as Notice Boards and information areas and very few have photos in them. We have therefore lost the majority of our communication between members over the last couple of years. Please advise if these folders can be retrieved from the servers.

Thanks

I have spent much time developing titles for presentation folders and if these too have disappeared I would very much having them restored. The first one being worked on has 141 photos in it, and the next few will have have a substantial number of photos in them. It is part of a master plan for presentations and if they are deleted it essentially takes my 'outline' for my future work away. Could you please restore them to the extent they're deleted?

I also have various issues (e.g. problems) with the software/code for the development and display of presentations that might make for better presentations that is too detailed for this forum and would welcome private correspondence between myself and the Administration about this issue -- I have some serious and well thought out (and easy to implement I think) suggestions that greatly might increase the building and display of thoughtful presentations (and therefore attract and keep more members for the site's advertisers to sell to.)

John (Crosley)

I welcome the Administration's contact.

I restored any presentation that had content in the beginning or ending notes, or which had been created in the last 60 days. If it was still completely empty 60 days after being created, with no text or attached photos, it was not brought back. Please let me know if everything looks okay now.

Good move, Brian. I never understood the point of having empty presentations, hopefully looking for "interesting" presentations will be somewhat easier now without having to worry about clicking on an empty one. Sorry to hear that there are some complications, but it sounds like you've got it figured out. Glad some thought and attention has finally been applied to this area of PN :)

Thanks Brian, all mine are back too. As you observe, no photos in the presentations - but the Favourite Critics & Controversial Image presentations are nevertheless important to me from the overall critique point of view. <p> Cheers.