My Olympus PEN E-PL2 samples & Dramatic Tone illustration

steve_brantley2

<p>Greetings. I have been using Olympus DSLR and PEN cameras for awhile now, and I am always amazed at the magic these cameras can provide. Lately, I have been testing my micro four thirds PENS (E-P2 and E-PL2) to try and replicate results similar to what my my E-3 and E-5 can show, and I find the PEN cameras to be superb alternatives to carrying around the heavy DSLR equipment.<br>

<br /> The following gallery of PEN images were made with the new E-PL2 and the new generation Zuiko 14-42mm II zoom lens. Where I have provided an illustration of the Dramatic Tone art filter, I have first posted a normal image made with the i-Enhance shooting mode, followed by the Dramatic Tone art filter shot. Most of the time, I find the mode of the Dramatic Tone result to be very interesting and ethereal. My E-PL2 photographs were made primarily of items for sale at the Raleigh Flea Market in North Carolina, and I have included a few motorcycle images of my Triumph Truxton. Please take a look and feel free to give any feedback, criticisms, etc.<br>

http://triumph.smugmug.com/Photography/Olympus-PEN-E-PL2-Samples/15996464_fxVTu#1199997448_DCvVo<br>

<br /> My general photo web site is here: http://triumph.smugmug.com and I have other examples of PEN E-P2 images, Olympus E-5 images, and many other subjects. Most all images were originally shot in RAW at an ISO range of 100-200, Aperture priority, single center focus point, image stabilization turned on, and processed with Capture One software.<br>

<br /> Regards,<br /> Steve in Chapel Hill, NC</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I am strongly considering the PEN micro series as a means of continuing to use my OM MF lenses with at least some digital. I would, eventually, want to use the VF-2 viewfinder, thus eliminating the EPL-1 My applications would be from macro to landscape. Any pros/cons of your bodies?</p>