My New Website featuring Bronica RF645 Diptychs

keirst

Hi Guys and Gals,<br><br>

I've finally finished the latest revision of my photo website. Over the last year I have been shooting a lot

with my Bronica RF645 medium format rangefinder, and printing two frame diptychs on a single sheet of

paper in my tiny color darkroom. Most images were shot in downeast Maine or Boston, Massachusetts.

The link to my site is:

<a href="http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst">http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst</a>.<br><br>

I was inspired to use this format when I took a History Of Japanese Art class under Dr. Tanya Feretto Steel

in Harvard Extension School this past spring. Many famous Japanese paintings are multi-panel works

done on folding or sliding screens, and some of my favorite Japanese prints are multi-sheet triptychs from

the first Sino-Japanese War and the Russo-Japanese War.<br><br>

On my home page, you can mouse over the English text on the left or Japanese <i>kanji</i> on the right

to see the central image change to a preview image of each portfolio. By clicking on the text you are sent

to the first page of the portfolio, and can go back and forth through the images with the arrows on the

sides.<br><br>

I have also kept a lot of my previous work in a subsection, some of which was shot with Leica M cameras

(especially the photojournalism section).<div>00Npg5-40674384.jpg.bceaa65da18fac612b40d405b759c03a.jpg</div>

Wonderful site Steven -- and marvelous content! Being from New England in my "yute,"

your photos particularly resonate. Also, I envy your lifestyle to be able to create x-tychs. I

LOVE them, and in all my notes, I am reminding myself to shoot them on film alongside

the overlapping and stitching of the same images in digital. I bookmarked your site so I

can enjoy them when the longing sets in. It's work like this that makes one wish for peace

on Earth.