My new portfolio website - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Website Creation' started by kornelia_stolz, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hello, I've recently finished my portfolio website, what do you think about both pictures and the design? I would really appreciate all kinds of suggestions due to my will of improving the site, thank you in advance.

Link: http://www.nelart.p.ht

2. I like the pictures and the look of the site... at least on my desktop computer (in Chrome on Windows 7).

I know it's really hard to get everything on a website to work perfectly on all of today's devices, but unfortunately, the home page slide show doesn't work on my Android tablet (it stays on a fixed image), and the galleries freeze on the first picture opened.

To be honest, I settled for smaller images on my own site, just so the pages load faster.
    pierrelachaine.com

3. Nice pictures, good layout but far too slow.

4. david_henderson

david_henderson www.photography001.com

I'm afraid its so slow that I doubt many people will look at it. And yet the initial slideshow seemed to start off before the images were ready so it failed after three images.
    Two further points.
    First some of the landscape photographs have a distinctly cyan colour cast on my (calibrated ) screen in IE. Same in Firefox.
    Second am I correct that there are only 14 photographs on the site. If thats what you have right now that you want people to see then I'd suggest waiting till your portfolio is considerably larger.

5. Thank you very much for all your hints on how I could make my website better. I'll do my best to do all the improvements ;)

6. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator

What I think slows it down is the size of the images. The non-image pages load just fine. Try downsizing the images, I realize that may not give the effect you want, but people won't be deterred.
    I think 14 photos is fine if that's what you have, especially since you're not looking for commercial work.

7. Looks really good, but it takes forever to load with my high speed internet
    so i would assume mobile takes longer?