MS Live com cashback

subho basu

Hi Fellow Pentaxians,

I am planning to purchase a couple of new lenses. The live.com cashback is showing 30% discount. I have never

used it. So I have three questions.

How does it work? I can buy an item through live.com, ebay and the amount of cashback is shown during checkout /

buy on ebay page. So do I pay the full amount through paypal and then the discount amount is deposited in my

cashback account? Or I pay the discounted amount during checkout? The second question is how do I transfer the

cashback amount (if this gets deposited as the rebate amount after a purchase) to my bank account or credit card

account? I do not want money sitting in a cashback account. The final question is can I combine ebay 10% coupon

with this cashback?

I have created live and cashback accounts already. I hope some of you used these services in the recent past and

would like to help me understand the system. Thanks a lot.

Subho

Subho,

I haven't done this with the current offer, but I have in the past. It was all worked out (pre-discounted)through the checkout at ebay which I had paid via paypal. I cannot say they will do it the same way, but I don't see why they would change it. Read the fine print first- make sure you meet whatever requirements they might have first (ie. residency of a certain nations is a possibility)

Usually it's a 60 day wait for your cashback, then another 7 days or so for it to get deposited into your

Paypal account.

People have combined it with the 10% off coupons, but it seems somewhat iffy as to whether it's

"allowed" so be careful with it.

Otherwise, cashback is great. I got all my new gear for 20-30% off that way. (K20D, 16-45, 30/1.4, 40

Limited, 21 Limited.) Hopefully it'll stick around long enough for me to the the 70 Limited too.

Like Christer said, you need to wait 60 days for the cashback to make it to your PayPal account. Until then it sits in your Live.com cashback account where you can see the days remaining for each of your cashbacks to become redeemable.

None of mine have gone past the 60 days yet, so I can't speak of what happens then, but so far so good. Like Christer, I have also made some nice purchases at a 25% discount.

60 day wait, then 14 days for it to deposit into your paypal. After that it's yours, so 74-75 days if you keep on

top of things!!!

It's good though.

I have gotten as much as 35% off on items with 25% seemingly the norm lately.

I've used it on about 5 things so far, all higher dollar, minus the GMRS radios where I dropped one 300ft off a

cliff on day 1...so I figured anything to reduce the impact on my wallet was a good thing!

Anyway, i've cashed out about $275 with more still counting down. I've also used it on regular websites. I

knocked $30 off a $300 pair of mountaineering boots of Zappos, and $30 off a $300 netbook (mini laptop) off

Newegg. I think the limit of 12 purchases or XXX$ only applies to Ebay, you can't continue to cash out of store

purchases indefinitely but the stores usually only give 3-10%!

The key thing to remember is the money isn't instant, so it's just like a rebate only you will probably actually

get it back!!