I have noticed for the last two days none of my pictures have been

showing up on the most recent photos page. In the past within 5

minutes you could expect to see your uploads. In fact I have been

observing that some uploads stay on the recent photo page for more

than a day. I know my pictures are not showing up because I am only

getting 3 or 4 views a day on new uploads. In the past they were

averaging around 100. Or maybe my pictures are that bad that no one

is viewing them!!!!!

Your correct Ronald, I'm having the same issue. I just went into the Gallery and there are some photos in there from over a day ago. The only new photos that I have put up that have views are the ones I have posted links to on other boards.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Even before the Photoshop/IE issue.

Since this summer, my submissions have received very low numbers of views and almost no ratings.

What is the policy for showing photos in the recent photos page? What is the policy for showing photos on the home page with "rate this picture"? Are there other ways that some photos get viewed and rated so many times?

As far as I understand the "Rate this Photo" that's on the photo.net home page is there because of its high ratings and views. I have had a few there in the past but not any as of lately.

As I mentioned earlier the "Most Recent Photos" page has a bug in it or it has been programed to perform in a different manner as it use to. I would upload a photo to photo.net and in within 5 minutes that picture was on the page. I have been uploading since October 1st and have yet to see one of my pictures on the "Most Recent Photos" page.

Last night I deleted all photos uploaded since October 1st in my portfolio. I then uploaded only two pictures into my latest folder. This morning I had one view on one and zero on the other. In the past even the worst of photos would get 40 or 50 hits on the first day of uploading.

I presently have one picture uploaded prior to September 30 that has had close to 2000 hits with several others in the hundreds. So it seems the problem started on or around September 30.

If it's the purpose of photo.net to share and learn from other photographers, it doesn't seem to be working as of lately. At least not in my case. Others please respond if you have noticed this change, thanks.

And the most important reason for uploading photos, for me at least, is having them seen, by a wide variety of people.

<BR><BR>

Requesting critiques seems to be the only way to up the number of viewers of a picture. But there are so many requests... often times it matters very much what time of day you request the critique, and who's online at that time.

<BR><BR>

And it's not that people might not even be interested in a particular photo, but unless you are in more than a few "favorites" then the random recent photos is the only place that your photo may show up, and once it's gone... how, unless you've got stuff in top photos could anyone find it, unless they recognized who you were and new where your photo.net page was.

<BR><BR>

Basically, untill your photo hits some kind of top list numbers (either for views or comments, or ratings) the liklihood of it beeing seen by very many people seems virtually nil... at least very slim.

<BR><BR>

Certainly the best photographs should be in the TOP photos, but maybe there should be a least viewed category.... so that people that want to help others can...

<BR><BR>

also maybe there could be a WORST photo's section (maybe you'd have to have asked for critique to be there? ) to facilitate HELPING photographers get better?

<BR><BR>

Just some thoughts ;)