Monitor choices : samsung 2443bwx, HP 2408h??

<p>I have just installed the Samsung 220T and this has a matt monitor surface. I much prefer the matt finish even though the glossy can look sharper. It is a personnel preference coupled with your working environment. If you have a lot of bright objects behind you then a glossy screen could be a nightmare.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Demetrius,<br>

Not sure where you are purchasing the monitor, but I see them on Amazon ranging from $350 - $380. If you are doing photo editing, I highly recommend an IPS monitor. This will cost you more, but the difference is night and day from what I've seen.<br>

If you live in America you can purchase the HP LP2475w for $609 at Amazon. 24" and matte. If you really want one of the 2 monitors you listed, it really comes down to your preference of matte and glossy. Professionals tend to prefer matte as it's more color accurate.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I just bought the HP 2408h and it can be calibrated! I was really surprised as I've tried to calibrate LCD monitors in the past (like Samsung) but have not been successful (although I haven't tried to calibrate the 2443bwx).<br>

<br />The colours look really good after calibration. The glossy screen isn't a factor for me as I work in subdued lighting anyway.</p>

<p>-Jonah</p>

<p>I just wanted to add another comment on the 2408h. The default colors will be too saturated, too vivid, almost "neonish". Even after initial calibration, it was still a little bit too saturated I thought.<br>

I've played around with the settings and I may have hit the sweet spot: I set the quick view setting in the monitor to "text" and then calibrated again. Sweet.</p>