Mom Photographers out there...

jdub

Hey I'm a mom, photographer, wife, carpool driver, etc...I have a random

question regarding posting info and pictures about your own children on your

blog. What is your opinion of this? I have a six year old daughter and four

year old son...I want to be personal on my blog but want to protect my

children and family as well. Am I being a paranoid momma?

jenny - most photographers here aren't in your boat, for better or worse, hence the lack of responses.

whatever floats your boat. IMHO, there is a big difference between protecting your kids and being paranoid. if someone wanted to, horror of horrors, harm your childre, they would do it with or without your pictures on your blog.

I've heard other people with the same concerns. Most likely your photos don't include things like their school or your home, so I wouldn't be too worried. I don't include my address on my webpage just because I don't want potential clients bothering me at home, nevermind anyone else.

Pretty much, just don't include any addresses, or identifying information like schools or such in the photos and wouldn't worry about it.

Anything farther than that I would say you are being paranoid and totally agree with Conrad that anyone who wanted to harm you or your kids they would do with or without pictures or a blog.

There are MILLIONS of pictures of children online. I have half a million pictures of my own

kids online (okay, maybe not that many!) So yes, I think it's paranoid to think predators are

stalking photographer blogs looking for pictures of children to kidnap/hurt/whatever.

It's fun being a mommy photographer! Share the joy :)

I'm a mommy photographer. I don't post pictures of my kids too often... but not because I am paraniod of their saftey. There are two kinds of blogs out there. Nither one is right or wrong. There is a blog that is more about your business and photography, then there is a blog that is a "diary" of the photographer. They post all kinds of stuff, what ever they are thinking, or doing. I tend to keep mine more about my business. Once in a while I'll post something with my kids or about my kids, but not too often. Most often it is about my business.

Some good points, made...thanks everyone...and Sarah, your kiddos are pickin' cute! :)

I think being a mom is the greatest education there is in working with other kids. My biggest compliment with clients is how comfortable their kids are with me...it's pretty sweet when you hear that their four year old remembers you by name! Thanks again everyone! It's good to hear feedback from other paparazzi mommas :)

And I think I will try not to be so paranoid with my kids...safe but not fearful.