Miranda Sensorex Waist Level Viewfinder - Which one?

Howdy, folks. I have a wonderful Miranda Sensorex that I just took out, today, and love. I'd like to buy a waist level

viewfinder, and I see a couple for sale on Ebay reasonably, but I'm not sure which one will fit. Any thoughts?

My camera is the model that has sort of an automotive grill look to the front of the prismatic viewfinder (vs. the

viewfinder that says Miranda). Hope this helps :)

the letter series and the sensomat and some of the UK non-miranda mount cameras

all use the smaller finder ( less tall)

the automex and sensorex use a finder that is taller

as the top deck or the sensorex / automex

is taller.

the VF1 type is waist level with a magnifies like the top of a TLR.

the critical finded VF2 is 5x or 15x abd you put your eye cluse

it is usually all black.

the difference in height is fairly obvious l look at your prism.

I don't have the newest sensorexes, I have NO SHOE, COLD SHOE ,

and HOT SHOE cameras.

the meter will work with all as it is below the ground glass..

www.butkus.org has the manual

use 675 hearing aid cells, not alkaline cells.

The problem is that Automex/Sensorex viewfinders have the same model numbers as the A-G series and Sensomat versions (e.g. VF-1, VF-2). The difference can be found by either familiarizing yourself with the shape and size of the viewfinders or if you're lucky and it comes with the box, the box will be marked with the camera it fits. On later Sensorex II and EE models, the viewfinder is called the VFE, so it can be distinguished easily. The only other advice I can give is to ask the seller. I got to the point I can tell the difference, but it isn't always easy with the poor pictures on the auction site.

A trick is you can do without the WL finder if you construct a hood of black cardstock. No magnifier, of course, but it can be passable if you're in need of one for temporary use. I did it once with my Sensomat and it was adequate.

P.S. - the Miranda W/L finder in auction 380037864210 is the correct type for Sensorex models. I don't give any recommendations as to the seller. To compare, the W/L finder in auction 380037864232 is NOT the correct one for Sensorex models. I hope that helps you find the correct type.

Hi, Michelle Always nice to hear of another Miranda acquisition! Look, the problem with distinguishing correct

accessory VFs for Mirandas is one that has had folks baffled for years. As one postee mentioned, Miranda

themselves didn't help much in naming both types of VFs with the same identification numbers. However, Miranda

Camera Co were never strong on logic, and there are many examples of weird and wonderful identification anomalies

with their cameras and accessories. For example, why do some Miranda cameras have no model identification on

them at all? Maybe that's why I and other collectors find them so fascinating .......... ! How boring would life be if

everything fitted perfectly in its appropriate hole, all I's got their dots and T's crossed.

Anyhow, with a picture being worth a thousand words, the answer to your question is best answered by the relevant

pages from the Sensorex and Sensomat Owner's Manuals, which I've scanned for you. First, the ones you want

from the Sensorex Manual:<div>00PtZS-50673584.jpg.0c6a252d06ad56ad917ea78eb670dd4f.jpg</div>