Miranda G with T prism -OFFICIAL PHOTO

Well, not many Miranda GT models shown on the web;

at least not that i can find.

Here is mine, with the original funky 60s strap!

It also came with an old grey empty film spool

cloth-taped to the strap as well.

Bottom case was include.

$17 with the lens, which is not usable.<div>00Qggo-68215784.jpg.16d68eb7e51b0b56ce0b5788a1f8c498.jpg</div>

Hi, Mike Good luck with the search for a compatable replacement working lens, mate. I just did a check with the 1970 Miranda Price List and sure enough, an optional F1.4 50mm lens was available as well as the standard f1.8 item for the Sensomat, if you decide to go that route and cheat a bit on chronological kosher coupling of lens and body.

Just so you're aware of some of the extras that you could get with the Model G, here's a pic of mine with the clip-on accessory meter which was an alternative to the "T" metered prism that yours has got, plus accessory shoe over rewind knob, rubber viewfinder shield and of course the IB. (Pete In Perth)<div>00Qgoh-68259584.jpg.cb27fd9c676f0bc5d3f7e56e8c3cc03c.jpg</div>

Hey Mark, i'd like to have an x-700!

These cameras from before the late 70s

and before all had their history and appeal,

then, if not more so now.

Sometimes i sit on the recliner and just fire the shutters

on some of my vintage cameras.

I like to feel the weight solidity of them.

Doing this is like a kind of meditation to me,

in the same way as someone who polishes

their vintage auto - over and over and over and......

Well, when I saw the X-700 on craigslist, I thought it had to be a dud. Every other person who puts one up around here seems to want at least $100 for it. I even brought my own batteries with me, just because the owner hadn't used the camera in years. Turned out that was a good move as the old A76 batteries in it were beginning to swell. I popped my two batteries in and expected the worst (I couldn't read the serial number where I was checking the camera out - it was too dim to read the numbers). Worked fine. Lens was in nice shape, and even though the seller told me the winder was dead, it wasn't. I put fresh batteries in it and I suspect that the seller just put the batteries in wrong. Ho hum, another Minolta. If I didn't have so many MC/MD lenses I probably would still have gotten it, but I don't consider it a real score. Last score I had was a Pen F at a thrift store years ago. .

I'm green with envy Mike. A Miranda G was my first SLR. Regret selling it but at the time I was try to raise cash for an Olympus OM system, just introduced, 1973, (gee, now I feel really old). Lovely camera and I remember when

those straps were all the rage. Still have my OM system, built over the years. Latest item to join the family was a 200mm f5 Zuiko. Always wanted one and finally found a really clean example on da bay for $30 plus shipping. OK I guess, but $17? how fast did you have to run after a deal like that.

John, that GT sat behind the thrift store glass for 5 days!

I waited till payday to get it.

Then, yes i hurried over first thing to get it!

I asked my brother in law if he remembered a camera made by Miranda and he

said no but it sounded like a good story or something like that.

Fast forward a few days.

Dicky was a brain of the family of my brother in laws whose hobby, among many , was photography

in the 60s. ( I got his Zeiss Ikon Contina when my bro in laws father passed away - Dicky had pawned it one time and my bros Dad went and got it out- thats another story)

He was the type that had memorized the dof charts and flash calculations

just for fun and could recite a given calculation almost instantaneously.

His student days were in the 60s.

Anyway, my bro in law got a shock when i showed the Camera to him.

He said something like " wait a minute, thats just like the one Dicky used to use and i can see him doing the same thing - i just had a daja-vue! " ( I had taken off the prism finder to show him how neat the camera was)

Before i showed it to him he never believed me when i said i had a " Miranda" camera!

I guess that removable prism really is one of the things that made the camera unique,

just before the onslaught of Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Minolta, etc!

Great back story Mike. Your model also has interchangeable screens but good luck finding any now. The first accessory I bought for my G was a plain matte screen and waist level finder. This allowed me to frame at low positions or over the heads of a crowd with the camera upside down. Its funny, but back then, even for this farm kid in Chicago, I never worried about the safety of my camera walking around town. I took photos of everything and all kinds of people without any questions or complaints. Now? Well, this planet is getting to be a bit strange.