Minolta XG-M focusing screen needed

<p>I just recently acquired a Minolta XG-M in almost mint condition except for its focusing screen, which is scratched up pretty badly. After tinkering with the screen for a bit, I figured out how to remove it. I'm thinking that it was never intended to be user replaceable because getting it in and out -- without scratching it -- is a bit tricky. Probably how it got scratched up to begin with, especially since the scratches are on the inside face of the screen. It requires a good pair of tweezers and a steady hand to remove/install it.</p>

<p>Anyway, I'm curious what other cameras use the same screen or one similar enough to be interchangeable. The X700 has user-interchangeable screens, doesn't it? I just did a search on eBay and came up with one example from an X700, a factory replacement screen. Which suggests that the X700 might not have user replaceable screens? At any rate, it looks similar to the XG-M's screen, and might just work. But of course I'd like to know before spending the money on a screen that might not fit.</p>

<p> </p>