Minolta Celtic lenses or not?

<p> I have 2 lenses (28mm f2.8 & 135mm F3.5 both 49mm filter size) I assumed these were Celtics because they were so inexpensive when I bought them,but neither one actually says 'Celtic' in it anywhere just "Minolta MD Japan". So are they Celtics or not? The pictures of Celtic lenses I've seen on line all had Celtic written on them?</p>

<p>Minolta labeled the final versions of its manual focus 35mm SLR lenses Minolta MD. The Rokkor name was absent and they did not carry Celtic markings either. Most of the MD lenses were the same as the earlier MD Rokkor-X lenses but with different outer cosmetics. What becomes confusing is the fact that some of the last Celtic lenses were identical to the MD Rokkor-X lenses of the same time period. Only the name of the front rim was different. </p>

<p>Old Minolta lenses are hard to adapt to either APS-C or 35mm sensor SLRs so there is not quite so much of a market for them as for more adaptable systems like M42.<br>

The smaller, mirrorless systems are changing that a little, but the overall market is still small.</p>

<p>I recently added a few Celtic lenses for two Minoltas rescued from Goodwill.<br>

A 28mm f2.8 and a 35mm f2.8, each costing $5.00.That included lens caps and 1 filter.<br>

I tested the 28mm and it's a great lens.The 35mm in a few days time..<br>

My whole Minolta "system" with 2 bodies, a 50mm and a 45mm plus the wides, comes to a total $52.<br>

The camera straps were a $1 each..</p>