Minolta 7D Raw files

clark_roberts

Hi all,

I've been using the 7D and it's really good and those Minolta lenses are really

great, but I would like to know what you guy's or Gal's use to download your Raw

files into I don't think the Minolta is around and the Apple Photos which I do down

load into really doesn't make these raw file's shine if you know what I mean.

Thanks

I don't have any real advice, but I did a little googling and I'm just posting a few links in case they help the OP or anyone else.

Minolta developed the "DiMAGE Master" software for converting RAW files...

Konica Minolta Photo Imaging Europe GmbH: Products

Does DiMage Master Software still exist for download

I am quite a laggard when it comes to dealing with RAW files, so there may well be much better ways of dealing with them now.

PS. Jochen mentions Picasa... I don't know if this is tongue-in-cheek - Picasa was discontinued several years ago too.

• Like 1

Picasa... I don't know if this is tongue-in-cheek - Picasa was discontinued several years ago too.

I am (still!) a huge fan of Picasa for casual or quick cheap dirty use, like field conversion of RAWs on a (borrowed?) crappy laptop with fishy screen.

Picasa is young enough for the OP's camera, free and offering a one click per image solution.

I never had a Minolta, so zero experience with their proprietary software. But I'd try to download that for serious work on a good machine.

As far as I understand the question an auto-polisher making RAW files bearable for viewing was wanted.

Lightroom, combined with Xrite Color Checker based camera profiles, works pretty well but costs...

IDK if you 'll need the profiling in Lightroom for Minolta; I did for Samsung.

• Like 1