MFA from Academy of Art University ?

jon_kobeck

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to be a commercial photographer, don't do it. Its a waist of time and money- you

can learn 100x more as an assistant and doing your own work- and you get paid. If you want

to be an artist, a masters is a great idea. I don't think doing it online is a great idea though-

for any school really. Meeting people and using those connections will be invaluable in the

photography/art world.

Hi Jon-

My roommate is an accomplished photographer and he is starting Academy of Art University's online MFA program this spring semester. He did a ton of research. He chose it because it is regionally accredited, he liked the instructors, and he needed flexibilty because he travels around California doing freelance work. I recommend researching a few schools and picking what is best for you.

The great thing about AAU's photography program is that they really focus on building a

portfolio -- which really is the most important tool you need to get any job in photography.

Also, the Academy belongs to both the Advertising Photographers of America and American

Society of Media Photographers which is a HUGE asset to students.

• 4 years later...