Max size cf card for D70

stephen_fassman

<p>It is my main camera too, and I use an 8GB Lexar. Haven't heard of a max size. Since the camera is only 6Mp, I don't think I would want to use a really large card - on my 8GB card I can get 1200 RAW images. I would not like the idea of storing many thousand of images onto one card, in case of failure or loss of the card. Much better to keep emptying the card as often as possible and storing the images onto HDD and back up HDD. If you really need lots of storage, just buy a few CF cards and keep them spare. Because technology has developed so quickly, you can buy huge capacity 'yesterdays' CF cards at low cost. No need to get the latest biggest cards</p>

<p>Well that is just strange. We had a Nikon D70 shooter back when we shot Canon (let's say about 4 or 5 years ago). And at that time, we could only get 2GB cards to work. I remember because we usually shot with 4GB cards but I had to keep a wallet of 2GB cards just for this shooter (and a Fuji S2 shooter). I would certainly try larger capacity cards before buying them. Here is Nikon's official list but this list is obviously dated:</p>

<p>http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9601/kw/D70%20fat%2016/r_id/116678</p>

<p>John, I have a D100 that I bought back in 2002; that was the year the D100 was introduced. My D100 is FAT32 compatible and can use large-capacity CF cards. The D70 was introduced two years later in 2004.</p>

<p>Some of the really old DSLRs may be limited to FAT16, i.e. 2G. Once you realize that the D70 FAT32 compatible, i.e. those 4G, 8G cards work on it, it should be able to go all the way to 2T.</p>

<p>Nikon's official list from when the D70 was introduced back in 2004 is pretty useless by now. Back in 2004, I paid $200+ for a 1G Lexar card and I considered that a good deal. It was a good deal then but we laugh at that now.</p>