Mate raters = Down raters

mondiani

I don't mind about mate raters if they inflate their ego by cheating

whatever good it makes to them. But when they start to downrate

photos of people out of the club it makes me angry. I never - before

I post my <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?

folder_id=486019">Zoe photos</a> - be near to the TPR and I don't

mind to be there because I thought it was out of reach. But this

morning I was in and a mate rater just down rate mine to secure

his "position". I mean this guy is an incredibly good (spanish)

nature photographer but even so he high rates poor photos from mates

and down rates others. Actually when I visited his portfolio I

thought he is simply way better than me but when I visited his

favourites photos what a disappointement<p>

This is ugly.

<DD>That's too bad this has happened, your Zoe folder is a classic. <BR>

You could write an article explaining your technique, I'd guarantee everyone would be interested.(photo.net should be interested, they need new articles!)<BR>

Don't feel soo down, my friend. Keep sending in your artwork as it is always a joy and an inspiration to view.<BR>

Jimi

Thank you guys, but what can be done? Tough I'm here from a while this is new to me. He was too subtile so I can't even complain to abuse@photo.net. But I'm pretty sure Brian has an eye upon him and his clique. What a pity because he is a talented photographer and a mature guy (white haired) and with such a childish behaviour... does it mean the upper part of photo.net is entirely corrupted by such behaviour?

Agreed - your high-key stuff needs explaining! Really nice portfolio over all.

Sorry about the mate-rating/down-rating. I've had four instances in the past few days, and complained to Abuse@photo.net every time with no result. Once, the person left a clear trail of "vengeance" rating, even posting a comment to that effect on my photo (since deleted)...with still not so much as a reply from the Administrator.

Here's one that made rounds this morning, as an example - hit only the recent Nature uploads, and brutally, <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1573463">here.</a>

Yes Christopher I followed your story (not the spanish part as apart of a few words I don't understand it) but in your case they were not subtle at all and in the past abuse@photo.net simply delete their ratings. Maybe you should just wait a few days we were told it is quite automatic ...

"...We are told it's quite automatic." Yeah, we're told a lot of things...sigh.

Thanks for the high-key explaination - I'm going to have to find someone who'll sit for an attempt like that. Can anyone email me Estella Warren's phone number?

I have it Chris, but it will cost you $$$ :0)<p>

Mondiani, the mate-self-rating problem has been worsening steadily. There will be no solution until Brian Mottershead either takes back control of his brainchild (the Gallery) or he hands it off to someone who will. I can only offer that you are not alone in your quandry, but there is little hope of any improvement. Welcome to PhotoNet. Regards.

I don't think people are that much malicious plus then it will require a lot of work: imagine this, anonymous raters during 3 days (to not display raters names during 3 days) then to not allow to rate whenever someone photos are in the 3rd or 4th first pages of the TRP. So they will not be able to monitore things plus well then the game will be over... do you really care about the ratings of your older stuff?