Mamiya Sekor 180mm

joseph_dickerson

<p>Hi All, <br>

I have an older Mamiya Sekor 180mm in a Seikosha shutter (chrome) that won't fit on my C-330f body. Is there some compatibility issue that I'm unaware of? I thought all lenses would fit all the C series bodies. I can't see any obvious obstructions on either the lens or the body.<br>

Thanks in advance, <br>

JD</p>

<p>What part is getting in the way? Can you describe the problem in more detail? </p>

<p>I believe you are correct about everything being forward and backward compatible, unless you're talking about a really old lens from the 1950s.</p>

<p>The lens could actually go back as far as the '50s I suppose. As near as I can tell it feels like the spacing of the rings on the back of the lens board is actually a bit farther apart than the recesses on the camera body.<br>

None of the other levers etc. seems to be interfering in any way. I measured the recesses and the rings and the diameters appear to be the same diameter.<br>

I've been using C series TLRs since the '60s, we actually had a dozen of them in the high school program that I taught, but have never run into this problem before.<br>

JD</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

The initial chrome 180/4.5 lenses (actually, marked "18cm") were designed for the Mamiyaflex, Mamiyaflex C2, and Mamiya C3, cameras without the auto-cocking lever. Those lenses won't mount on an auto-cocking body (C33 and C330) because the cocking lever from the body touches the lens base. BTW this early 180/4.5 we're talking about is a very good performer, at least at f8-11, and with creamy bokeh.</p>

<p>The spacing between the two lenses is standard and identical on all Mamiya "C" series cameras, so it shouldn't be a problem UNLESS a technician has done a messy job when re-assembling the lens.</p>

<p>Greetings,<br>

F.</p>