Mamiya 7 II Problem.

keith_tapscott

I used my Mamiya 7 II today outdoors in sunny conditions and the `LT` keeps blinking in the viewfinder despite bright

lighting conditions. The battery is fresh and the red warning light isn`t blinking, so the battery power seems to be OK.

This was with `AEL` selected.

When I tried the manual mode, it shows the selected shutter speeds, but doesn`t indicate if the right one is selected

for correct exposure. The `LT` keeps blinking though.

The Camera has worked fine up until now, any ideas what the problem is?

On the Mamiya 6 ... 'LT' illuminated means an exposure has been selected from 1 to 4 seconds, i.e. 'long time'.. If it is blinking, it means underexposure and the person should turn the aperture ring until the 'LT' stops blinking, i.e. increasing exposure. That's made mention in the 6 manual. I'm not in tune with the 7 at all, maybe it's similar? Good luck. Jim M.

I only have the 80mm lens which I keep permanantly attached. The Camera was working perfectly last weekend when I last used it before today. The `LT` shouldn`t be flashing in the lighting conditions that I photographed in. I have tried removing the lens and cleaning the contacts and removing and replacing the battery, but the problems still persist. I haven`t a clue why this is happening and sending it for repair will probably be costly. I did buy the Camera used and a broken circuit in the lens or Camera is worrying and I am wondering why is has suddenly malfunctioned.