Mamiya 645 lens adapter

david_flood

<p>Hi Joseph,<br>

I am adapting the lens to fit a field camera with a digital back; equipment I already have. I am aware of the technicalities of flange etc... and have a plan for this. Basically I wanted an adapter like this that I will mount onto a Linhof style lens board. Thanks.</p>

<p>David</p>

Hello David.

A wonderful looking camera body! It looks new - did you construct it yourself? Or have you cleaned up an older camera? I

am afraid that I don't know much about cameras that have this design.

And I am intrigued about a digital back for such a large camera. What type of back is it? It must have a huge sensor -

what are the dimensions?

My apologies for the questions - it is just so beautiful.

<p>Hi Richard, the picture above isn't mine, it is another member's image for an RB67 adapter that they build. I was just using it as a sample. I actually use a Sony A7 on the back of a 4x5 camera. I use a back adapter that allows the A7 to be shifted left and right and then I use the 4x5 camera's rear-rise for vertical movement and stitch it together in PS. I just wanted to develop a lens board connector for the Mamiya lenses I have and since their flange size is nice and long and the A7's flange is nice and short. Lets see how it goes, I'll post some pictures once I gave it set up.</p>

<p>David</p>

<p>OK, so you are basically making a DIY version of the Cambo Actus or Vizelex Rhinocam?</p>

<p>There are many possible sources for a female M645 bayonet mount: a junker M645 body, an extension tube, or any number of cheap M645 lens to DSLR/CSC adapter rings sold online...</p>

<p>A less obvious source is one of the "connecting rings" (CN-58 or CN-67) that Mamiya made for mouting their bellows lens hood on a reversed M645 lens in a macro setup.</p>