Mac to PC - sending Jpegs via email

Sometimes (not often) I need to send my clients a small - med file through e-mail. I seem to have trouble

with PC users saying they can not open .JPG files I am sending - I work on Mac OS10.4.10 Any

suggestions on how to send. Do I need to compress in Stuffit - for instance ( have never used it though).

Or is there an easy way to save in photoshop/illustrator?

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Claire

DO not compress in StuffIt! Most Windows users can't decompress .sit files, and .sitx files are even worse. Use .zip. There is an excellent Archive command built into the Mac OS X Finder's file menu: use it to create zip archives.

However, you should be able to take a .JPG or .JPEG file on the Mac and send it as an email attachment without any problems, without compressing it.

Will

Another suggestion, though I've never tried it, is to

convert the pic file to PDF, then send your PDF file

as e-mail attachment. Not sure what app you use on a

MAC to make PDF, but on a Windows box you can download

and install PrimoPDF v3.2 (freeware). Then just load

the pic into your favorite graphics-editor and print to

hi-res full-color PDF file. Just about any client should

be able to view & print PDF format, since its a widely

accepted document sharing format. Anyway, it might be

worth a try, if you cant get anything else to work...

good luck!

Check into what Cappy said about the JPG extension. On the Mac you can set not to show

extensions. This can cause problems with PC. Be sure you are set to show the JPG

extension in the file name, and there should be no reason why you cannot send a normal

JPG attachment without dealing with PDF of ZIP file creation. I have done it for years.

Many domains like hotmail and msn delete large attachments without telling the sender.

I use mailbigfile.com. It works great! So far, the only domain I've found that blocks it is hp.com, so if the recipient works at HP and supplies you with an hp.com e-mail address, be sure and request a personal e-mail address instead.

Later,

Paulsky