M6 Rangerfinder Calibration

dan_brown4

Out shooting yesterday and I notice the my M6 isn't quite matching at infinity, and obviously needs adjustment/calibration.

Before I box this up and send it off to DAG Camera, is there an alternative way to make the adjustment by myself, or perhaps locally here in Dallas TX?

Thanks for your thoughts.

- Dan

Thank you.

The vertical adjustment seems to be fine, it's the horizontal that is a bit off. In particular, the rangefinder doesn't quite reach infinity, even though all the lenses have reached the hard-stop for infinity. One of the lenses was recently calibrated, so I am quite sure it's the camera. Also, I was hoping for specific instruction.

Whelp, I got it done (VBG). Found a website that describes turning the center screw in the lens cam follower to set infinity. I used the largest flat-blade screwdriver in my jeweler's screwdriver set and it fit the center screw quite nicely. My 50/2 Summitar had just been services by DAG, so I used that as a reference. Found a power pole on the horizon that was well over a mile away, and did some trial & error back and forth and got it dialed in just perfect. I also checked my 35/2.8 Biogon (it was pretty darn close), and my Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 (it was off noticeably, and went past infinity). So, it's all good. I'll probably send the Tele-Elmarit to DAG for CLA and focus adjust. The 35mm lens should be no problem, thanks to it being and f2.8 and depth of field.

I'm a happy camper, cheers.