LPGA event

rds801

Anyone ever have trouble getting into a golfing event with their

camera equipment? I am thinking about going to the LPGA Safeway

Classic in Portland Oregon this weekend. I would like to take my

Canon 10D and 70-200 2.8. I am trying to find a number to reach

someone to find out what their policy is.

Yeah, I went to the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic presented by Kroger in August. The rule is very clear. Photography is permitted only during practices not during the tournament itself. I sneaked in my A80 but the photos came out really bad because: 1.) you have to keep looking over your shoulder and 2.) Getting closer increases your chance of getting thrown out.

I think if you had acted sooner you probably would have been able to snag some credentials. I covered one of LPGA's major this year: the US Open. Credential applications are sent in weeks prior to the event. I've noticed the LPGA is pretty welcoming with their credentials. There were some real small local papers at this event along side SI and the hosting state's major papers. This is a big difference from a PGA event where photo ids are issued as a credential and no small weekies are present. I think difference is the LPGA needs the publicity. Anyway, at any golf event, pro-am day (which has already passed for your tournament)is the only day cameras are allowed. Also by the weekend you need to have a ropes access pass in addition to a photo credential to get a clear view of the player. The rules are strictly enforced, one click of the shutter on a back swing will get you booted from an event. Good luck with this year, I suggest you try to hook up with any small paper in the area for next year and I bet you'll have better luck.<div>009VbG-19657984.jpg.1df654e655872c815c965132fc665999.jpg</div>

• 2 weeks later...