this might a better place. I'll be in Gloucester Ma at the end of this week and

I'm looking for a lab to process my 120 film. I've run several searches but

mostly end up with ads for Portrait studios and Wal Mart. Quite frustrating. If

anyone has a favorite lab they can recommend or knows of a place I would be in

forever your debt.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

<p>

I don't know of a lab in Gloucester, but I'm not from the area. Dorian Labs provides the

service you are looking for. I believe they are the lab that Hunt's Photo and Video retail

store uses for their 120, and I've seen good results.</p>

<p>

According to their website (<a href="http://www.dorianlab.com">http://

www.dorianlab.com</a>) Dorian Color Labs is located at:</p>

<p>

24 Mill Street<br>

Dorian Color Lab<br>

Arlington<br>

MA, 02476<br></p>

<p>

Phone: 781-648-8040<br>

Fax: 781-641-1231<br>

Email: dorianlab@dorianlab.com</p>

I used to use Ultra Color (watertown) and they are very good and not too expensive.I sold my 120mm equipment 3 years ago and have not used them since so i suppose it is possible something has happened the last few years but I suspect they are as good as ever.

One cavet - if you have prints made they expect the film to be cut into single frames and mounted (they supply the mounts). In some ways I really liked this system because it allowed me to do limited cropping but I never used them for 35mm (for this reason). Anyways they are worth checking out.

Thanks everyone, I was hoping to be able to get some enlargements done while I was there as thank you gifts for our hosts. Looks like I'll be able to do that quite easily now. You guys are the best.

You're probably looking for color, but for b&w, you'll find La Pete Labs can do anything, from

film processing to poster size contact proofs to archival enlargements - you can even rent

darkroom time there and help yourself. 617 338 3836, 369 Congress, 6th Flr, Boston,

willlapete@aol.com.

I'm going to vouch for Dorian, Colortek and LaPete.

LaPete is a darkroom, not a "full service retail" lab of any sort. However, you get complete control and get to meet this brilliant and famous man.

Dorian Lab is great for all things, you can usually get E6 on the same day if you get it in by 10AM. C41 and B/W takes 3 days usually. They charge $7.50 for E6 and less for negs.

Colortek charges the same $7.50 for all 120 film, and you can usually get everything done in 24 hours, usually it'll be done by EOD if you get it to them BOD.

I love all of the above three. When I have a variety of film to develop, I go to Colortek, right across the street from South Station. However, when I have JUST E6, and I'm not working in Boston, I go to Dorian in Arlington.

Funnily enough, it's actually more difficult to find parking at Dorian... if you park in the Brighams restaurant parking lot, the security guy will call the tow truck. There is rarely street parking.

It's more easy to park near Colortek because of the several blocks of street parking.. you're bound to find something. And of course if you're using the T, Colortek is THE place to use since it's 100 yards from South Station.